John McIntyre, whom James Wolcott calls "the Dave Brubeck of the art and craft of copy editing," writes on language, editing, journalism, and other manifestations of human frailty. Comments welcome. Identifying his errors relieves him of the burden of omniscience. Write to jemcintyre@gmail.com, befriend at Facebook, or follow at Twitter: @johnemcintyre. Back 2009-2012 at the original site, http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/mcintyre/blog/ and now at www.baltimoresun.com/news/language-blog/.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

One more thing

Before I venture west to examine the marks of time on my classmates from 1969, a reminder:

I was mistaken about the broadcast of my interview about the state of copy editing on National Public Radio’s On the Media. It is scheduled for this weekend, running at 2:00 p.m. Sunday on WYPR-FM in Baltimore. (Listings may vary in your area.) You can also download the program from the On the Media Web site.

4 comments:

  1. Well then, I'll see you in my iTunes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I just caught the very end of the NPR broadcast and had to visit your blog. I'll be visiting again again, I imagine.
    I'm also a former copy editor (and, briefly, metro editor). I was deputy copy desk chief at the Akron Beacon Journal -- the most fun I ever had in my life, and was paid on top of that!
    This morning as I was driving to my miserable replacement McJob, I thought to myself, Now I know how the buggy whip maker felt at the turn of the last century.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard your interview on NPR at KUT in Austin, TX this morning. Your interview aired during the 9 AM "On the Media" this Sunday 7.26.09. It was very enjoyable & enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John,
    I loved the segment on public radio up here in New Jersey. I would be interested in seeing your discussion on the errors found and posted to the blog. Any special section for that?
    George Bendemann

    ReplyDelete